Wednesday, July 27, 2011

IT'S ALMOST AUGUST!! Baby Robbie's Explorations & My Disgust at Cleaning the Bathroom

Ha! Yes. That's what I tell Robbie when he calls. It's almost August!! Time flies when you're counting the days. :P Don't know what that means, but interpret as you wish.

So, the boy! He has been a busy little bee lately. Today alone was a day of new things. :) Let's see, FIRST thing this morning he pulled a glass right off a table he could reach and it SMASHED onto the floor at his feet. Good thing I was not to far, and grabbed him before he moved. He then got strapped into his high chair, where he enjoyed watching me sweep, vacuum and mop several times the entire 30 yard perimeter...hey that glass flies ok! I had to get it up! I think we're good. Even sucked up a tiny spider in the midst of it. Score 10 points!! Darn spiders have infested my house. ugh. That's another post entirely, which I will write directly after this one. I almost wrote I will write right after this, but I though that was too many rights..so..yeh. Moving on! Another exciting thing he did today was crawl ON TOP of his walker. Oh yes He stands on the base of the walker and crawled right on top of the tray part. He actually got his foot into the hole as if he was trying to crawl into the walker, but I do not believe this was his intent. Silly boy. Here is a pic of that. :)


So that's fun for the mama!! haha :P
One thing I thought was so awesome, we have a book that has Daddy Robbie's voice recorded in it reading the pages and a special message at the beginning. Well I taped a picture of Daddy Robbie and Baby Robbie in the front of the book where this special message is. One thing I should mention is that Baby Robbie learned to scream this week...at the top of his pitchy little squeeky voice...oi! Tonight as we were preparing for bed I got the book and opened it to the opening message and when Baby Robbie heard Daddy's voice, he turned from the other side of the room and started SCREAMING with excitement!! He crawled right over and started banging on the book...most of that is normal, he loves that book and looking at the picture, but the scream was added tonight which made even more awesome. :) OH but as we were listening to it tonight, HE ACTUALLY TURNED 2 PAGES...I started to turn the page, and he pushed it down, like to turn it. I was like you booger! So smart!

He has acquired 2 teeth as well. Here is a pic we were trying to get to show Daddy Robbie.


Ok so I think that is all that happened today.....

On to my bathroom disgust.

I HATE CLEANING THE BATHROOM. I hate it. I hate mold. I don't clean things with mold. I throw them out and buy a new one. Seriously. Tupperware? DOn't care...out it goes. SO anywho, this bathroom that is in this house is awful. I mean I LOVE my little house, but the bathroom is the worst room of all. It reminds me of a park bathroom. Like a bathroom you use at the park. It even came fully stocked with cobwebs and spiders. ugh. And this disgust didn't start here. I have never liked cleaning the bathroom. I have had people do it for me A LOT. And the way I clean the bathroom....I poor bleach on everything...leave for 3 days and then come back with a pressure washer, stand back and blast whatever the bleach did not eat off. Just thinking about this makes me want to gag. I hate it. I am telling you all this because tonight, I cleaned the shower/tub. I mean since I moved in I have cleaned it with Clorox wipies and wiped it out and stuff, but the drains in my house haven't drained properly since I moved in which creates problems in the cleanliness dept. And normally, it would be of less concern, except Baby Robbie started traveling in the bathtub now and I can't contain him. He wants to grab everything and suck on the tub and UGHHGUHGUGHUGHG I can't stand it. I don't even want to touch him when he gets out. hahaha :P Terrible I know. And it really wasn't dirty, but just to me...yuck!!!!! So I broke down and cleaned it tonight. My bathroom is the worst. The shower is like a hand-me-down from the second hand trailer park bathroom supply store..no joke. It's plastic, and what is metal is all corroding and therefore flaking black stuff, so gross, and I don't know what else. And there is a nice big seam around the top of the tub connecting the wall and it's sealed with caulk and it's all flaking and discolored and DISGUSTING. And of course Baby Robbie WANTS IT! He wants to touch it, eat it, play with it....omw I can't handle it. Ok, so now it's all nice and sanitized anyways. :P Baby Robbie had a nice clean bath tonight where he got to try out the nice new clean tub.

On the mold subject, I can't handle it. Why try. I can easily go pick up another tupperware, or use one of the 10,000 that I have in my cupboard. I would just need to spend 3 hours trying to find the lid. That is all. My mother in law has found out about my mold-phobia. Which she will clean anything. I unpacked one of our coffee makers, and the inside coffee area had been stored with the coffee grinds in it. Well it was a mold-fest in there. My mother in law was right there with me, and I'm like in the trash this goes...and it's a nice coffee maker too...Well she insisted on taking it and cleaning it..actually I think she did this one day without me knowing, because I would've insisted that she NOT do it for the sake of my gag reflexes..haha :P But I can't believe how clean it is and how awesome she did!! amazing! Of course, I will never use that coffee maker again. I already have my pink one set up and the other will never set foot on my kitchen countertop again. Because I KNOW WHAT'S BEEN IN THERE. BUT maybe it will be a nice yard sale item. :) And I can buy some MORE BLEACH FOR THE BATHROOM!!!!!!
haha Ok enough of the madness. Enjoy your Wednesday evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment